The Transportation Planning Engineer will join our expanding Project Development, NEPA/Transportation Planning group in the Raleigh, NC office. The projects for this group range in scale from small areas (districts) to corridors, citywide plans and multi-jurisdictional plans. Responsibilities include coordinating with design professionals and overall project team to secure complete streets, participating in public involvement and resource agency outreach activities, preparing outstanding documents in paper and digital formats, and managing schedules and budgets.
This person is also responsible for preparing NEPA documentation for transportation projects, evaluating impacts from transportation and planning projects on the built environment, supervising field investigations of project study areas including land use and transportation conditions. This person will support proposal preparation and business development activities.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related program.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in North Carolina.
- The applicant may still apply if they are able to obtain this licensure within 6 months of employment
- 8-15 years of experience in completing transportation planning studies.
- Strong analytical, graphics, writing, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work closely in a team of planners and engineers
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related program.
- Experience with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is a plus.