This position will be responsible for conducting noise analyses for transportation projects, primarily in support of Department of Transportation (DOT) projects. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performing traffic noise analyses
- Preparing traffic noise reports
- Preparing design noise reports
- Noise data collection in the field
- Traffic noise task order scoping/estimating, and any other tasks or efforts pertaining to traffic noise
This position is available at all three of our North Carolina offices; Raleigh (Corporate), Charlotte, & Winston-Salem.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration or ability to obtain North Carolina licensure within 6 months.
- 2+ years of traffic noise analysis experience.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in traffic noise analysis, as it pertains to roadway planning projects.
- Experience in MicroStation/AutoCAD, Traffic Noise Modeling (TNM) Software, Microsoft Office.
- North Carolina DOT or other DOT experience.
- Understanding of FHWA and NCDOT (or other DOT) guidelines/procedures/policies.
- Track and manage task budgets and schedules
- Demonstrate leadership skills and communication skills requiring client interaction.
- Ability to work with various multi-disciplined teams.
- Ability to scope/estimate simple and complex tasks.
- Additional areas of expertise are a plus.