A Senior Transportation Engineer is responsible for managing staff, performing and reviewing technical work, project management, and writing proposals for projects throughout the Southeast. It is important for this person to have an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to mentor and grow the company’s existing staff, a desire to build upon the company’s existing client base and contribute to the advancement of the company’s growth.
This position is available in all five of our offices; Richmond, Raleigh (Corporate), Winston-Salem, Charlotte, & Charleston.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in state of your desired office location (VA, NC, and/or SC) or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of employment.
- 10+ years of experience in transportation engineering for the public and private sector.
- Directing technical development of Transportation Design projects from conceptual and preliminary engineering to final design
- Preparation of plans, specifications, and bid packages
- Ensuring that production of specifications, reports and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overseeing the work of staff.
- Business development and project management experience.
- Public speaking skills and comfortability working with clients/team members.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Transportation or related field.