RKA is pleased to announce that Adam Fischer, P.E. joined the RKA team on October 1st after a distinguished 32-year career with the City of Greensboro, North Carolina, serving as Director of Transportation over the past 11 years.
Mr. Fischer is a proven leader solving community mobility and safety issues with a multi-modal approach. His responsibilities have included high-profile transportation improvement projects in urban and suburban areas of Greensboro. Mr. Fischer was involved in many innovative initiatives including:
- leading successful bond campaigns which provided funding for numerous transportation improvements,
- a Vision Zero safety program,
- development of “smart” corridors,
- electrification of the bus fleet (first in North Carolina),
- implementation of the Bike-Ped plan,
- special event traffic management,
- automatic red light enforcement,
- State of the Art award winning traffic signal system,
- Intelligent Transportation Systems,
- downtown parking (including site location for two new parking decks) and curb management strategies,
- developed and implemented numerous streetscape improvements which included complete street concepts and road diets,
- innovative approaches to street lighting,
- oversight of the MPO Technical Coordinating Committee,
- and very engaged/robust community relations to improve access, safety, and mobility.
Mr. Fischer will be advising clients on any and all of the above type of initiatives as well as leading RKA’s streetscape and transit initiatives.