The Work Zone/Traffic Control/Roadway Design Engineer performs the design of complex and basic work zone traffic control signing and pavement marking plans. Job duties include geometric layouts, construction specification development, and material quantity calculations. The person in this position works closely with CAD designers, other engineers, and subcontractors in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment. This positions requires a self-starter who is focused and has a desire to grow. You will have the opportunity to grow as you interact with clients, public agencies, and other engineers. For the right person with an entrepreneurial spirit, this role will develop into a group lead and will include hiring and developing staff.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 8-10 years of experience in highway and roadway design.
- PE in NC or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Proficiency in MicroStation.
- Experience in developing work zone/traffic control plans.
- Knowledge of the MUTCD, the Highway Capacity Manual, and AASHTO guidelines.
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and management skills required.
- Experience working in or with NCDOT work zone/traffic control.