The Transportation Planning Engineer will join our expanding NEPA/Transportation Planning group in the Raleigh, NC office. The projects for this group ranges in scale from small areas (districts) to citywide plans and a multi-jurisdictional plan. Responsibilities include coordinating with design professionals and overall project team to secure complete streets, participating in public involvement and resource agency outreach activities, preparing outstanding documents in paper and digital formats, and managing schedules and budgets.
This person is also responsible for preparing NEPA documentation for transportation projects, evaluating impacts from transportation and planning projects on the built environment, supervising field investigations of project study areas including land use and transportation conditions. Most importantly, this person will support proposal preparation and business development activities.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, City/Regional Planning or a related program.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in North Carolina or has American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) licensure
- The applicant may still apply if they are able to obtain either of these licensures within 6 months of employment
- 8-15 years of experience in completing transportation planning studies in North Carolina.
- Strong analytical, graphics, writing, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work closely in a team of planners and engineers
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, City/Regional Planning or a related program.
- Experience with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is a bonus