The Staff Accountant manages daily and long-term tasks associated with the accounting functions of the Company. This position is considered to be non-exempt and is expected to act as an ambassador of the RKA brand, to both internal (i.e. employees) and external clients. The primary roles and responsibilities of this role include the following but are not limited to preparing transactions and activities associated with employee expenses, processing vendor invoices and all journal entries associated with accounts payable, administration of fixed assets (including depreciation, acquisitions, and disposal schedules), assisting with yearly audits, balancing bank accounts, and more.
This position is available at RKA’s corporate headquarters in Raleigh, NC.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3 -5 years of overall accounting experience, ideally in the A/E/C industry.
- Knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft Office suite
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and adaptable
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Strong proficiency in Deltek Vision or Costpoint