The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Planner will join our expanding NEPA/Transportation Planning group in the Raleigh, NC office. This person will apply their NEPA state and federal regulatory knowledge towards the assessment of transportation projects, along with the preparation of environmental documents (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, and Environmental Impact Statements).
Responsibilities will include evaluation of the impacts from transportation and planning projects on the built, cultural, and natural environment, coordination with design professionals and overall project team to identify opportunities for avoiding and minimizing potential impacts, leading public involvement and resource agency outreach activities, performing field investigations of projects including land use and community resources and traffic noise; preparing NEPA documentation for transportation projects, and managing project teams, schedules and budgets for NEPA projects. Participation in proposal preparation and business development activities is required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-4 years of experience completing transportation planning/environmental studies in North Carolina.
- Very strong technical and communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience with GIS
- Air and Noise analysis experience.